Followers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Prayers Today

A brother recently passed on, so we held his janaza prayers immediately after the jummah prayers. It was my second funeral ever, and my first Muslim funeral. The steps of the prayer were described briefly (and quickly) before we prayed, and I KNOW I didn't do it right. So I just followed the actions and made a bunch of du'a, since I didn't know what else to do.

The sniffing and the tear-stained faces broke my heart. I didn't know the brother, but he apparently did a LOT of good for the Northern Nevada Muslim community, and he was a decent man all around. I wanted to cry, despite never meeting him, because the despair of those around me just broke my heart.

On the way out, I actually saw people I know go to the masjid, but I just have never seen. . . Like my Arabic teacher, and a barista at the campus Starbucks. (: That was kinda neat.

1 comment: